Cyrus and mysql

Vernon A. Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Tue Sep 17 14:04:00 EDT 2002

Thanks for the replies!!!!

  I can walk around cyrus/postfix and linux fairly well, but I'm new to
mysql - a little quick direction on modifying the logging would help a
great deal!!
  The server has ~8,500 email accounts of which ~3500 are active so at
any one time there could be from 30 to 800 online.  The auth errors are
random.  There are two perl scripts (with perl-DBI) running every 15
mins to provide automatic administration (adding accounts and altering
the quotas).  I thought these scripts were the issue but I disabled both
for a day and still saw the errors - either only take ~60 seconds to
run.

  I also have the following in the /etc/my.cnf file
	[mysqld]
	set-variable=max_connections=256

  How can you tell the number of active connection or a history of
active connections over a period of time?

  SO, I think it's with mysql or cyrus-imap or saslauthd. Can one of you
tell me how to set the logging on mysql?!?

Vernon

Vernon A. Fort (Andy)
Provident Solutions LLC.
(615) 406-5540 http://www.provident-solutions.com