only half of the problem solved -- cyrus deliver slow

Su Li sli at rim.net
Wed Sep 18 14:42:04 EDT 2002

Thanks Scott,

I am thinking of switching to postfix. I hear a few things about it too.
Maybe I have to bug you some later time. But the bottle neck right now seems
like the imap server.

For "enable lmtpunix", I tried add the following line to imapd.conf:
lmtpsocket: /var/imap/socket/lmtp

But I still get: " cyrus  9425  9418  0 14:28 ? 00:00:00 deliver -e -m  --
loadtest641".

There must be something else I need to change to enable lmtpunix, and not to
use /cyrus/bin/deliver.
Should I do something in sendmail config file -- in your case postfix config
file?

Any one knows how to set up sendmail for lmtp socket delivery so that I
don't get lots a deliver -e -m in the system?

Thanks,

Su