only half of the problem solved -- cyrus deliver slow

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 18 14:51:56 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 02:42:04PM -0400, Su Li wrote:
> For "enable lmtpunix", I tried add the following line to imapd.conf:
> lmtpsocket: /var/imap/socket/lmtp

Correct. This means that Cyrus is now listening for inbound emails at
that socket.

> But I still get: " cyrus  9425  9418  0 14:28 ? 00:00:00 deliver -e -m  --
> loadtest641".
>
> There must be something else I need to change to enable lmtpunix, and not to
> use /cyrus/bin/deliver.
> Should I do something in sendmail config file -- in your case postfix config
> file?

Correct. You _must_ now tell sendmail to use the
unix:/var/imap/socket/lmtp socket for lmtp delivery. Currently you
have it configured to use the 'deliver' binary.

Don't ask me how you do this, just know that the problem isn't in the
cyrus config, it's in your sendmail config.

--
  Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)
  Linux Technology Center, System Admin, RHCE.