TLS problem

felix at qodiga.com felix at qodiga.com
Tue Sep 17 16:53:57 EDT 2002

Hello,

   Well... I'm working with Cyrus IMap 2.1.8 with SASL 2.1.7, and I have the following problem:

   TLS are configured by default (using this simple lines in slapd.conf)

TLSCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem

   (slapd.pem is the default certificate, self signed)

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:389             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:636             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

this is the output (not all output :) of netstat -ant

I see that LDAP is listen in 636 port (TLS), but when I try to bind using TLS with gq or when I'm checking my cyrus mail account.

Here is my saslauthd.conf

ldap_servers: ldaps://127.0.0.1/
ldap_bind_dn: uid=cyrus,ou=people,dc=palermo,dc=edu
ldap_bind_pw: XXXXXXX
ldap_search_base: ou=people,dc=palermo,dc=edu

Why bind doeasn't work using TLS???, Is a SASL or an LDAP configuration problem?...

Thanks,

Felix