Solaris+cyrus_imap+sendmail

Antonio Xu antonio.xu at sun.com
Thu Sep 19 11:59:36 EDT 2002

Hello, All
       I'm a volunteer work for mozilla's mailnews, now I have set up a
cyrus imap server for my testing, but I meet a problem of how to
configure the cyrus's Imap server and make it can work with sendmail. I
set up the server on solaris, so I meet some problme. I use solaris8 and
cyrus-imapd-2.1.9. I need your help due to I could not find a correct
document about how to configure sendmail and make it work with
cyrus-imap on solaris. I only know I must edit sendmail.mc file and
createsendmail.cf file with it. But I don't know how to hold my old
setting like domain name, my sendmail.mc file like that
# divert(-1)
#
#    (C) Copyright 2000 by Carnegie Mellon University
#
#    This sample mc file is for a site that uses the Cyrus IMAP server
#    exclusively for local mail. This requires Sendmail 8.10 or later.
#
# $Id: cyrusv2.mc,v 1.3 2000/09/09 04:02:11 leg Exp $

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`cyrus v2 sample configuartion')

OSTYPE(`solaris8')
define(`confBIND_OPTS',`-DNSRCH -DEFNAMES')
define(`confTO_IDENT',`0')

dnl setting cyrus as the trusted user will make it easier to pass
dnl Sendmail's safefile checks.  however, it means that someone with the
dnl "cyrus" password could easily become root.
dnl define(`confTRUSTED_USER', `cyrus')

define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrus')

FEATURE(`nocanonify')
FEATURE(`always_add_domain')
MAILER(`local')
MAILER(`smtp')

MAILER_DEFINITIONS
Mcyrus,        P=[IPC], F=lsDFMnqA@/:|SmXz, E=\r\n,
       S=EnvFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
       A=FILE /var/imap/socket/lmtp

LOCAL_RULE_0
Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >    $#cyrus $: + $1

I  used the above file for creating a  new sendmail.cf file,then restart
sendmail, but now I can not receive or send  email with the new sendmail.cf
I need some advices about how to configure sendmail correctly setp by setp.
Thank you
Antonio Xu