SASLAUHTD + SSL + LDAP problem

Felix Cuello felix at qodiga.com
Thu Sep 19 14:01:17 EDT 2002

Hello!

   I was installed Cyrus 2.1.8 with SASL 2.1.7 in my Linux Redhat 7.3, and I have some
troubles to use SSL + SASLAUTHD + openLDAP.

   I can search LDAP (using LDAPS) from netscape using

   ldaps://ldaps.mycomputer/dc=domain,dc=edu??sub?(uid=*felix*)

   But, when I try to login users using SASLAUTHD, I found that SASLauthd connects to LDAPserver but SSLv2 doesn't say HELLO. And the communication is broken at this point.

Here are my saslauhtd.conf:

ldap_servers: ldaps://upsoluciones.palermo.edu/
ldap_bind_dn: uid=cyrus,ou=people,dc=palermo,dc=edu
ldap_bind_pw: xxxxxxxx
ldap_search_base: ou=people,dc=palermo,dc=edu
ldap_tls_check_peer: yes
ldap_tls_cacert_file: palermoca.pem
ldap_tls_cacert_dir: /usr/share/ssl/certs/

All works fine if I change ldap_servers line to this line:

ldap_servers: ldap://upsoluciones.palermo.edu

but... In this case the communication doesn't have encrypted...

What's the error????

thanks for your help,

and forgive my poor english :)

Felix