legal characters in mailbox names

Michael Salmon Michael.Salmon at uab.ericsson.se
Wed Sep 25 03:01:58 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, September 24, 2002 07:24:31 PM -0400 Ken Murchison
<ken at oceana.com> wrote:
+------
| Quoting Ian Macdonald <ian at google.com>:
|
| > Hi,
| >
| > For the purposes of performing a conversion, I'd like to know which
| > characters are legal in Cyrus mailbox names.
| >
| > Is this mentioned in one of the docs somewhere?
|
| ./mboxname.c:#define GOODCHARS
| " +,-.0123456789:=@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz~"
+-----X8

While the above is correct what is not mentioned is that & switches to a
modified base 64 encoding of the name e.g. Böker => B&APY-cker and
Questions&answers => Questions&-answers. The correct answer then is that
all 16 bit unicode values are allowed.

/Michael
--
This space intentionally left non-blank.