how many users can Cyrus server support? -- is 5.5 msg/sec sl ow?

Su Li sli at rim.net
Thu Sep 26 21:49:31 EDT 2002

Hi Christian,

I think you are right. I don't think the bottle neck is Cyrus IMAP. Because
when I move syslog to the network the performance get 2 times better and
when I change to a disk striped by 3 disks, I 2 times faster. Right now I
can get 10 msg/sec. If I can get 15-20 msg/sec, I will be very happy.

Anyways, I got a lot of good suggestions. And now I know Cyrus IMAP can do
so much better. I'll keep working on it.

I'll keep you post, as I got some improvement.

Su