[POLL] NNTP support for Cyrus?

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 25 19:29:22 EDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Schmehl, Paul L wrote:

> Seriously?  Have you tested Mulberry?

Yes (it's what we recommend at CMU, actually), and it generally does a
good job (certainly the best I've seen).

This doesn't stop people from wanting to read newsgroups with newsreaders
that they may be more familiar with (and which have been designed from the
ground up to do shared folders). And they have a right to want a choice.

Personally, I use Pine (since I have a strong preference for a text mode
client, and have never had the time to get used to mutt), but it doesn't
handle checking a large number of shared mailboxes very well (it opens
more connections to the server than I really think are necessary, and it
doesn't have a good summary display of what folders have messages
waiting).

-Rob

Rob Siemborski * Andrew Systems Group * Cyert Hall 207 * 412-268-7456
Research Systems Programmer * /usr/contributed Gatekeeper