multiple ssl certificates (for one service)

twk twk at ncsu.edu
Wed Sep 25 09:45:50 EDT 2002

Samuel Hug wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a possibility to use more than one server certificate? The
> problem is that the mailserver has multiple domain names. The domain
> names don't specify different services as pop or imap, therefore
> tls_pop3.... and tls_imap... wouldn't help me.
>
> Anybody got a hint?

Thawte has wild card certificates...so you can get a cert for *.moritzi.ch and
the cert is recognized for all servers whose domain name ends in ".moritzi.ch".

If the domains are completely different, I don't know what you can do.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Karches                    email : twk at ncsu.edu
Web Systems Administrator      phone : 919.515.5508
NCSU Information Technology