request help on setting IMAP

Henry henry at legend.com.my
Fri Sep 27 00:05:58 EDT 2002

> Use sasldb.  Add users with saslpasswd2 -c {username}.  Be sure to set
> LUSER_RELAY or whatever your MDAs equivalent is.  And then you don't need
posix
> accounts.
>
>From the saslauthd's doc, sasldb is disabled by default, so how do i invoke
saslauthd - a sasldb

My current ./configure for SASL
export #CPPFLAGS=" -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib"
./configure --enable-plain --disable-krb4 --with-saslauthd=var/run/saslauthd
 --with-ldap --with-dblib-berkeley

My current ./configure for IMAP
export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/et"
./configure --with-sasl=/usr/local/lib --with-perl --with-auth=unix --with-s
sl --with-dbdir=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0 --with-ucdsnmp=no

Since I'm struggling with OpenLDAP setup, please advise me on the changes
required to support sasldb instead of LDAP.
Do I still need BerkeleyDB?

Thanks,
henry