Odd cyrus imapd behaviour with mailbox locations

James Greenhalgh james.greenhalgh at worldpay.com
Thu Sep 26 07:19:17 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've followed all the instructions, I've got config files that work on another
machine, I've built and rebuilt the binaries, rebuilt the databases, but
still:

[cyrus at pat bin]$ cyradm localhost
IMAP Password:localhost.localdomain>
localhost.localdomain> lm
INBOX (\NoInferiors)                   ipurge (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
chk_cyrus (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)     lmtpd (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
ctl_cyrusdb (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)   master (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
ctl_deliver (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)   mbpath (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
ctl_mboxlist (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)  notifyd (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
cvt_cyrusdb (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)   pop3d (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
cyrdump (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)       quota (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
deliver (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)       reconstruct (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
feedcyrus (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)     squatter (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
fud (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)           timsieved (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
imapd (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)         tls_prune (\NoInferiors \UnMarked)
localhost.localdomain>

Obviously it's looking in /usr/cyrus/bin for mailboxes.  Does anyone have any
idea as to why?  /var/imap is set as the config directory, the partition is
set to default, and partition-default set to /var/spool/imap.  I'm still not
quite sure why it keeps asking me for an IMAP password when invoking cyradm
too.

This one is driving me slowly insane.

If anyone can suggest why this might be happening, please let me know :)

regards,
james