how many users can Cyrus server support? -- is 5.5 msg/sec sl ow?

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Fri Sep 27 20:03:40 EDT 2002

Jeremy Rumpf wrote:

>I agree that Su isn't seeing the performance he should be getting, but I also
>see where he would _need_ this performance. Other alternatives for Su are out
>there, such as clustering IMAP back ends using either Perdition
>http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/ or the Murder system.
>
>His use of Linux should not be a major issue.

I had an eye on Su's postings the last days because of own interest in
getting performance messurement data examples. I then started to do my
own tests because I just wanted to see how my installation performs and
was surprised that I got a much better performance without knowing that
much about filesystems and BerkleyDB than he actually does. Maybe
someone can handle me a script or something that shows me how you
messure things so that I can be shure that I do the same messurements
than you all do! Would be great to see how other people are testing
theire email performance...

---Christian---