How to use cyradm with plaintext over SSL or TLS?

Luc Germain Luc.Germain at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Sep 27 11:38:22 EDT 2002

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. The problem is that eventhough I'm on the same
server, SASL still won't allow a connection in plaintext since I've
forced encryption with "allowplaintext=no"...

I don't really see how I could use imtest within a perl script...
However, I just found the perl module IMAP::Admin on CPAN that may do
what I need.

Adding support for SSL/TLS in cyradm would still be great though to
allow interactive management of cyrus servers that force encrypted
connections...

Regards,

Luc.

> > and get this error message:
> >
> > Login only available under a layer at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line
114
> > Error:  at ./createCyrusUser line 84, <PASS> line 9.
> >
> > what "mechanisms" should I specify to use a connexion through SSL or
TLS???