A little documentation for the maintainers (exim + cyrus)

James Greenhalgh james.greenhalgh at worldpay.com
Fri Sep 27 06:50:13 EDT 2002

I noticed in part of the documentation there is a reference to getting exim
and cyrus to work together.  Sadly it calls deliver which isn't the optimal
method having read recent posts.  Try this delivery transport (you can use
this in the localuser director instead of local_delibery):

local_lmtp:
  driver = smtp
  protocol = lmtp
  hosts_override
  hosts = localhost
  allow_localhost
  return_path_add

Are there really people still using sendmail? ;-)  I've been ditching it on
any machine I've gone near for over 2 years now.  Seems much faster, more
flexible, and easy to administer than sendmail ever was.

This is an observation by the way, not a call for a holy war ;-)

james