deliver & lmtp issues

Jon Mitchiner cyrus at mitchiner.net
Fri Sep 27 13:19:25 EDT 2002

Im still trying to troubleshoot my sendmail configuration issues to see if I can figure out why sendmail doesnt deliver email.  I think the problem might be with deliver and/or lmtp.

# ./deliver jon.mitchiner
jon.mitchiner: Mailbox does not exist
# ./deliver test
test: Mailbox does not exist

cyradm> lm
test (\HasNoChildren)                user.test (\HasNoChildren)
user.jon.mitchiner (\HasNoChildren)

The user accounts are there.  I added the user "test" (without user.) to see if that would fix the problem and that did not work.  All the accounts have the rights of "lrsp"

I attempted to run lmtptest with the following options:

# lmtptest -u cyrus -a cyrus -w cyrus 127.0.0.1
connect: Connection refused
failure: Network initialization

Since lmtp is configured to use a socket (per /etc/cyrus.conf)

# lmtptest -u cyrus -a cyrus -w cyrus -x /var/imap/socket/lmtp 127.0.0.1
connect: Connection refused
failure: Network initialization

# ls -al /var/imap/socket/lmtp
srwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            0 Sep 26 11:04 /var/imap/socket/lmtp

# ps -aux | grep lmtp
cyrus    25841  0.0  0.6 22196 1780 ?        S    13:14   0:00 lmtpd

# cat /etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
allowanonymouslogin: no
sasl_passwd_check: shadow
unixhierarchysep: yes

Nothing exciting shows up in the logs. What am I doing wrong here?  What would be the best way to test lmtp / deliver to ensure that they are working properly?

Jon Mitchiner