Can't authorize via postfix

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Mon Sep 30 08:04:40 EDT 2002

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Galen Johnson wrote:
> Actually, I was wondering when the Debian chroot of postfix would rear
> it's ugly head.  There is really no reason to chroot postfix.  Just edit

Of course there is: Security.   Watch as I try to find a way to chroot Cyrus
as well...

(it should actually be quite doable, master can run outside the chroot, and
services can be selectively chrooted by master when started -- it depends on
how much information from outside the chroot the services would need...)

Neat idea. Added to my todo list.

> Unless you are a secret masochist and like picking and choosing the
> files that will be necessary in the chroot jail.

I read that as: unless you've actually read the postfix documentation and
the Debian package documentation, and you care about your system's
security...

  Henrique Holschuh