User mailbox renames

Roland Pope rpope at jade.co.nz
Sun Sep 29 21:17:14 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am running cyrus-imapd 2.1.9 and I would like to be able to rename a
user's mailbox.
When I try a rename using cyradm, it tells me "Operation is not supported on
mailbox". From having a look at the source, it appears you can only rename a
top level mailbox when using murder. Is this the case?
I tried creating the new destination mailbox and copying the original users
files across to this and running reconstruct. The problem I have then is
that I loose the original subscriptions and seen states?
I can fiddle the user subscription file, but the seen states are stored in a
skiplist DB and I'm not sure how to go about converting this file for the
renamed mailbox.
Anybody out there got a solution to this, maybe a malbox rename script??

Thanks
Roland Pope