outlook 2000 & imap delivery problem

Luc Germain Luc.Germain at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Sep 30 15:56:04 EDT 2002

Hi!

Are you using idled on your server? If yes, you might want to try the patch
described in this message:

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg=17
144

It solved a similar problem for me.

Luc.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : owner-info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
[mailto:owner-info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu]De la part de Valmar
Joandi
Envoyé : 30 septembre 2002 09:25
À : info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Objet : outlook 2000 & imap delivery problem

Hello,

 I have cyrus-imap running on linux and appr 70 win98 client machines with
 outlook 2000. I'm not quite sure wether its outlook or imap server
 problem.

 I have tracked down that sometimes when outlook is running and after
 message arrives to imap server , outlook is unable to
 get message from server (Send&Receive preforms its action but delivers
 no new messages). Although reading message same time with some
 other imap client shows that message is there.
 When I close outlook and rerun it works fine again.
 Btw, most of the time it deliveres messages immediately..

 I have seeked lot  but find nothing yet, maybe someone here has
 experienced that kind of problem and knows answer?