Problems with IMAPS and POPS

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Mon Sep 30 16:37:13 EDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Felix Cuello wrote:

> Hello!
>
>     I'm actually using Cyrus 2.1.8 with SASL 2.1.7, and I have some
> problems to config my Cyrus to accept SSL connections.
>
> Here is my 3 first lines of "netstat -at"
> ----
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
> tcp        0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN
> --------------------------------------
>
> And my "/usr/local/etc/saslauhtd.conf"
> ----
> ldap_servers: ldap://upsoluciones.palermo.edu/
> ldap_bind_dn: uid=cyrus,ou=people,dc=palermo,dc=edu
> ldap_bind_pw: XXXXXXXX
> ldap_search_base: ou=people,dc=palermo,dc=edu
> ldap_tls_check_peer: yes
> ldap_tls_cacert_file: palermoca.pem
> ldap_tls_cacert_dir: /usr/share/ssl/certs/
>
> --------------------------------
>
> Changing 2 last lines for this lines...
>
> ldap_tls_cacert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/palermoca.pem
> #ldap_tls_cacert_dir: /usr/share/ssl/certs/
>
> I have the same problem... IMAP&POP works fine, but IMAPS&POPS not.

saslauthd.conf has nothing to do with imaps/pops.  This config file
controls how saslauthd interfaces with an ldap server.

Do 'man imapd.conf' and search for tls_(cert|key)_file and
possibly tls_ca_(file|path) params.  You can also find info in
$cyrus-imapd/doc/install-configure.html#open.

Hope this helps.

-Igor