Virtdomains: inter-domain admins do not work ---- was Re: Cannotget loginrealms to work with 2.0.16

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Mon Oct 7 11:28:06 EDT 2002

Ken Murchison wrote:

>This is most likely your problem.  Make sure that your hostname is fully
>qualified, so that saslpasswd2 creates secrets with
>mail.rent-a-mailserver.de as the realm, or just leave it alone and let
>it use 'mail' as the realm.  In either case, Cyrus/SASL should do the
>"right thing".

Ok! Actually I got it working! If authenticating without an @ symbol I
got SASL(-13) user not found all the time and that was only because the
user was searched against the realm with the fully qulalified
domain-name of the server.

root-17:24:45:/ >sasldblistusers2
schulte at imap.rent-a-mailserver.de: userPassword
schulte at rent-a-mailserver.de: userPassword
schulte at mail: userPassword
schulte at imap: userPassword

After adding schulte at imap.rent-a-mailserver.de it works with this
imapd.conf file:

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
servername: imap.rent-a-mailserver.de
admins: schulte
defaultdomain: rent-a-mailserver.de
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
sasl_allowanonymouslogin: no
sasl_allowplaintext: yes
#sasl_mysql_use: smtp
#sasl_mysql_passwd: smtp
#sasl_mysql_hostnames: inforeg.epag.net
#sasl_mysql_database: jboss
#sasl_mysql_statement: select password from SASLUser where login='%u'
and domain='%r'
#sasl_mysql_verbose: yes
tls_cert_file: /usr/local/var/imap/server.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/local/var/imap/server.pem
tls_ca_file: /usr/local/var/imap/CAcert.pem
idlesocket: /usr/local/var/imap/socket/idle
unixhierarchysep: yes
virtdomains: yes
altnamespace: no

All other users cannot login ! I do not quite understand why the
schulte at imap realm does not work but schulte at imap.rent-a-mailserver.de
does !
Thanks a lot for your help!