Getting SASL from CVS --- automake complains about errors

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Sat Oct 5 22:08:35 EDT 2002

Rob Siemborski wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Christian Schulte wrote:
>

>>I just had plenty of problems with the SASL2 library. I checked it out
>>from CVS and did the follwoing things which produced a working configure
>>script. After compilation some things did not work and I think they all
>>related to a problem while creating the configure script! e.g. The
>>saslauthd manpage is completely empty after installation which is not,
>>if I get the library from ftp ! So is my automake / autoconf etc. broken ?
>>

>I'm not going to personally help anyone who isn't using Autoconf 2.13 and
>Automake 1.4, since I don't have a good way of testing any other
>configuration.  Though trying those versions would be my first suggestion,
>there are others on this list who might be able to help you.
>
>As far as the saslauthd make file, it should be made when you do a make
>install, but if nroff isn't in your path you might have a problem.  Try a
>"make saslauthd.8" in <basedir>/saslauthd and see what happens.
>
>-Rob
>
>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>Rob Siemborski * Andrew Systems Group * Cyert Hall 207 * 412-268-7456
>Research Systems Programmer * /usr/contributed Gatekeeper

nroff -mdoc ./saslauthd.mdoc > ./saslauthd.8
nroff: Cannot find library -mdoc

gmake[2]: *** [saslauthd.8] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/schulte/cyrus-cvs/cyrus-sasl/saslauthd'
gmake[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/schulte/cyrus-cvs/cyrus-sasl/saslauthd'
gmake: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I do not have a /usr/share/lib/tmac/tmac.doc file for my nroff. I wanted
to try groff but could not compile it on my system. Can someone send me
this file ? I am using Solaris 8 on ix86 and I do not know, why nroff
-mdoc cannot work.

-Christian