Spam filter

Michael Fair michael at daclubhouse.net
Wed Oct 2 15:54:59 EDT 2002

I use Postfix and SpamAssassin which works quite well.
The examples below are Postfix specific, but I'm sure
Sendmail could be made to do something similar using
the same principles.

I've used two methods of integrating the filter into
the process.

1) Create a new delivery transport called spamcheck
   make spamcheck point to a script which delivers via
   LMTP to Cyrus as its last action.  The spamcheck.py
   script in the contribn section is what I used.

2) Use the "content_filter" option to smtpd to run
   the email through SpamAssassin before having it
   delivered through the normal channels.  I don't
   have the link offhand but Google knows where it is. ;)

Good Luck,
-- Michael --