More on RedHat 8.0, Cyrus compile problems

Mark Keasling mark at air.co.jp
Thu Oct 3 21:13:22 EDT 2002

Hi,

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include ${CPPFLAGS}"

This line in the configure script causes gcc-3.2 to emit a warning.  Apparently,
it wants to automatically add the directory and complains if it is already there.
Or maybe it is rearranging the search order from that which was specified.

cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"

The configure script assumes that because of the warning, the check for
'whatever' failed and makes the wrong decision.

I've commented that line out and gotten things to compile successfully.

Just make sure to comment it out in all of the configure scripts where
it appears.

Regards,
Mark Keasling <mark at air.co.jp>