Cyrus 2.2 temp file problem when delivering to default domain?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Oct 3 09:51:14 EDT 2002

I know where this message is coming from, and you _should_ see an error
message in imapd.log.

I'd also check your available disk space and/or the number of files in
the staging area (/var/spool/imap/stage.)

Is the spooldir for the default domain on a different partition from the
other domains?

Jonathan Marsden wrote:

> I have made myself a Red Hat 7.3 RPM of the CVS Cyrus 2.2 (as of 26
> Sep 2002) and installed it on some test Red Hat 7.3 systems here.
>
> The virtual domain handling seems to "almost" work for me!
>
> What I reliably and reproducibly get is an error about a temporary
> file and non-delivery of email, to mailboxes in the default domain.
> Mail to mailboxes in truly "virtual" domains works fine.
>
> How can I best debug this further?
>
> This is defintely *not* MTA related (for reference, sendmail 8.12.5
> with a slightly hacked proto.m4 to do the retention of the @domain.tld
> part of local addresses), because I get the same results from running
> deliver -l as I do from sendmail delivery attempts.  Here is an
> example:
>
>     jm at a1:~$ /usr/libexec/cyrus/deliver -l
>     220 mail.a1.net LMTP Cyrus v2.2.prealpha-GRC-RPM-2.2-cvs.20020926 ready
>     lhlo junk
>     250-mail.a1.net
>     250-8BITMIME
>     250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
>     250-PIPELINING
>     250-SIZE
>     250-AUTH EXTERNAL
>     250 IGNOREQUOTA
>     mail from:<jm at xc.org>
>     250 2.1.0 ok
>     rcpt to:<jonathan at a1.net>
>     250 2.1.5 ok
>     data
>     451 4.3.2 cannot create temporary file: No such file or directory
>     rset
>     250 2.0.0 ok
>     mail from:<jm at xc.org>
>     250 2.1.0 ok
>     rcpt to:<jonathan at b2.net>
>     250 2.1.5 ok
>     data
>     354 go ahead
>     Subject: test b2
>
>     b2
>     .
>     250 2.1.5 Ok
>     quit
>     221 2.0.0 bye
>     13:49:51 jm at a1:~$
>
> a1.net is the default domain, b2.net is a virtual domain (no, I do not
> really own/use those domain names, they are sanitized).
>
> My /etc/imapd.conf is
>
>     configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
>     partition-default: /var/spool/imap
>     admins: cyrus
>     allowanonymouslogin: no
>     sieveuserhomedir: no
>     sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
>     sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
>     hashimapspool: true
>     sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>     sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>     tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
>     tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
>     altnamespace: yes
>     unixhierarchysep: yes
>     autocreatequota: 100000
>     virtdomains: yes
>     defaultdomain: a1.net
>
> which is just the one from Simon Matter's 2.1.9-3 RPMs with the last
> five lines added for my own purposes.
>
> Permissions and ownership on the relevant
> [...]

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127