Cyrus : Mailboxlist incomplete

Tijl Dullers tijl.dullers at anubex.com
Thu Oct 3 08:50:08 EDT 2002

Hello I'm running the following version of Cyrus:

name       : Cyrus
version    : v2.0.16
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : Linux
os-version : 2.4.7-10
environment: Cyrus SASL 1.5.24
              Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (January 24, 2001)
              OpenSSL 0.9.6b [engine] 9 Jul 2001
              TCP Wrappers

I only have one problem with cyrus being the following:

 From time to time the mailbox list shown by lm user.* via cyradm or
using ctl_mboxlist -d is incomplete.
After the mailsystem has been restarted the mailboxlist is back ok.

I am running on ext3 filesysten using Redhat 7.2 and having the
following configuration:

[root at xxx]# cat /etc/cyrus.conf
START {
   # do not delete these entries!
   mboxlist      cmd="ctl_mboxlist -r"
   deliver       cmd="ctl_deliver -r"

   # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
   idled                cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/socket
SERVICES {
   # add or remove based on preferences
   imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0
   imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
   pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0
   pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=0
   sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

   # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
   lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp"
prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
   # this is required
   checkpoint    cmd="ctl_mboxlist -c" period=10

   # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
   delprune      cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" period=1440

   # Uncomment the next entry, if you want to automatically remove
   # old messages of EVERY user.
   # This example calls ipurge every 60 minutes and ipurge will delete
   # ALL messages older then 30 days.
   # enter 'man 8 ipurge' for more details

   # cleanup      cmd="ipurge -d 30" period=60
}

Can somebody please telly what could possibly cause this behavior ?

Kind Regards,

Tijl