Problems with POP

Felix Cuello felix at qodiga.com
Sun Oct 6 09:35:18 EDT 2002

<quote who="Schmehl, Paul L">
> You have a different pop3d running.  If you kill master, it kills all
> running processes.  What does ps -aux tell you?
[...]

No, I don't have a different pop3d running, but when I kill master, pop3d
keeps alive for 1 or 2 minutes and after this period of time the process
pop3d die.

The problem is that when I restart cyrus quickly, pop doesn't work because
there are another process (old pop3d) running.

Do you have a script to start and stop cyrus to put in /etc/rc.d./init.d,
a little bit "soft" than:

if stop
  killall -9 /usr/cyrus/bin/master
if start
  /usr/cyrus/bin/master &

:-) [obviously, this script is an example, in fact I don't have any script
to do that]

Thanks a lot,

Félix

 Felix Cuello