What format can Cyrus store mail in?

Matt Bernstein mb/cyrus at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Wed Oct 9 05:46:32 EDT 2002

On Oct 7 Erik Enge wrote:

>I have been trying to figure out what formats Cyrus can store mail in,
>but even though I have gotten hints here and there I have found no hard
>information.
>
>Does it use Berkley DB to store the mail?  How about maildir/mailbox?

"Never you mind." ;)

It's an IMAP server and if you want to spit out large amounts of mail, I'd
suggest writing a script, eg in perl or java, which uses the relevant
modules/classes to act as a client to Cyrus (and to the other mail store).

At first I thought this was tricky, but if you use the proxying
authentication trick everything else is nice and abstracted for you :)

Cheers,

Matt