User account - permission denied

Felix Cuello felix at qodiga.com
Tue Oct 8 17:19:53 EDT 2002

Hello,

   I'm actually migrating my old cyrus users from a cyrus 2.0.16 to a new
cyrus 2.1.9.

   I've created an account without any permissions... just

   $ cyradm --user cyrus localhost
   localhost> cm user.fcuell
   localhost> quit

   And then copy all contents of:

   /var/spool/imap/user/fcuell  to /var/spool/imap/user/fcuell
   /var/imap/quota/user.fcuell  to /var/imap/quota/f/user.fcuell

   All works fine... except when I tried to delete this mailbox... and
here you hare the stdout :\

[root at sinclair /]# cyradm --user cyrus localhost
IMAP Password:
              localhost> lm
user.fcuell (\HasNoChildren)
localhost> dm user.fcuell
deletemailbox: Permission denied
localhost>

I tried to delete all folders that contains user.fcuell information, but
when I restart cyrus user.fcuell is still alive...

What can I do?

thanks a lot

Felix