hierarchical grouping of users

Jules Agee julesa at pcf.com
Wed Oct 9 13:27:19 EDT 2002

Some of what you suggest is possible if you set up an LDAP directory.
Specifically, the maildap program that is distributed with OpenLDAP
allows you do deliver mail to a hierarchy of groups. The difference is
that the group expansion is done in the area of the MTA (where it
belongs). I am using it right now in production and it works great.

If I remember correctly, someone submitted a few patches to the list a
while back for using LDAP to manage quotas, but I don't recall whether
it was hooked into the group mechanism or just single-user quota info
stored in the directory.

-Jules

--
Jules Agee