continuing problems trying to get cyrus working...

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Fri Oct 11 03:14:41 EDT 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Josh Huber wrote:
> Now, I'm pretty flexible here.  I don't have any appllications which
> are using SASL now (unless libldap is linked against it?)  Ah, it
> is...and it's linked against an older version of sasl (v1), whereas
> imapd is linked against sasl2...
>
> Can anyone recommend a workaround for this?  Should I bother
> rebuilding openldap?  Will it work even if I do?

Enable versioned symbols in SASL 2, and SASL 1... and rebuild all stuff
against the new versions.  I am talking to Rob about this, and the Debian
unstable's latest package of SASL 2 has had versioning applied to its
symbols by its maintainer.

saslauthd might help you mitigate the problem, as well.

  Henrique Holschuh