Shared Folders and Mailing Lists?

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Mon Oct 14 10:35:29 EDT 2002

Emilio Recio schrieb:

> Simon Matter wrote:
> > All the same like you deliver to a user mailbox. I don't know of any
> > difference.
>
> So you mean that all i have to do is create a mailbox called 'foo'. Then
> (without there existing a useraccount) cyrus will 'automagically' know
> to send the mail to the mailstore 'foo' via lmtpd versus 'user.foo'?

That's what I do. Just remember that you have to send mail to user
'+foo'. If you don't want this, you could create a virtual user or alias
in postfix with any name you like.

For documantation, you may try Adam T. Williams excellent Paper from
ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/Cyrus.pdf

HTH
Simon