sieveshell says "sasl mech list empty"

Nick Fisher Nick at nickdafish.com
Mon Oct 14 18:09:50 EDT 2002

> > > Uh.... I'm not sure. How would I tell? How would one do that?
> > > I'm running Gentoo and using it's ports system. It makes life alot
> > easyer
> > > but I'm never sure what options are used at compile time.... not to
> > > mention that I'm running way short of docs on using sieve with pam.
> >
> > Actually, I jumped the gun a bit here, since your timsieved isn't
> even
> > advertising any mechs.
> Uhh... yeah. Don't worry I'm all confuzed to hell by now.
>
> > The problem isn't with sieveshell, it's with timsieved.
> Yes, that is what I originally thought.
>
> > Have you tried trussing/straceing timsieved to see what is going on
> > when
> > it tries to load plugins?
> No..... But I have now and that's all fked up.
> This is all starting to make sence. I think that timsieved was compiled
> wrong. It's looking for all sorts of stuff in the wrong places. I'll
> talk
> to the port's maintainer and work this out....
> Thanx to all for the kick in the right direction!
Dammit I spoke too soon. On closer inspection of the output and some
jiggering around I find that's not the problem.
timsieve was finding the librarys eventually.... so I'm back to crying on
my keyboard whapping my head against this problem.

Does anyone know what librarys it should be loading to get pam_mysql auth
to work? Does anyone know of any docs relating to getting timsieve to use
PAM auth?
Failing that how do you install sieve scripts without timsieved?

  Nick