sieveshell says "sasl mech list empty"

Nick Fisher Nick at nickdafish.com
Tue Oct 15 19:14:31 EDT 2002

> Is IMAP auth-ing OK with PLAIN? What's your sasl_minimum_layer? I
> thought
> "1" was low enough, but you may need to try "0".
Thanks man but I saw a thread on that in the archives and already gave it
a shot. No better I'm afraid.
I'm fairly sure that the compile is correct after all my testing with
strace so I'm left thinking that this has to be a config problem. I have
to have missed something stupid.
For some reason timsieve doesn't list any auth types.
Here are all the config files that I can think of... anyone see any stupid
mistakes? Please?
Thanks

  Nick

-------START imapd.conf-------
configdirectory:        /var/imap
partition-default:      /var/spool/imap
sievedir:               /var/imap/sieve

# Don't use an everyday user as admin.
admins:                 cyrus

#hashimapspool:         yes
allowanonymouslogin:    no
allowplaintext:         yes

# Use this if sieve-scripts could be in ~user/.sieve.
#sieveusehomedir:       yes

# Use saslauthd if you want to use pam for imap.
# But be warned: login with DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5
# is not possible using pam.
sasl_pwcheck_method:    saslauthd

# Following taken from the FAQ
postmaster: postmaster
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

# Added to try and get fking sieve to work
sasl_minimum_layer: 0

autocreatequota: 10000
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 30
poptimeout: 10
dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost
#sievedir: /usr/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
sieve_maxscriptsize: 32
sieve_maxscripts: 5
unixhierarchysep: yes
-------END imapd.conf-------

-------START /etc/pam.d/sieve-------
auth    sufficient      /lib/security/pam_mysql.so user=mail passwd=******
host=localhost db=mail table=accountuser usercolumn=username
passwdcolumn=password crypt=0
account required        /lib/security/pam_mysql.so user=mail passwd=******
host=localhost db=mail table=accountuser usercolumn=username
passwdcolumn=password crypt=0
-------END /etc/pam.d/sieve-------

-------START /etc/cyrus.conf-------
START {
  # do not delete this entry!
  recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
#  idled                cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/socket
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0
  pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0
  # Don't forget to generate the needed keys for SSL or TLS
  # (see doc/html/install-configure.html)
  #imaps                cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
  #pop3s                cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=0
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0

  # this is only necessary if using notifications
#  notify       cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/imap/socket/notify" proto="udp"
prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
  delprune      cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" period=1440

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" period=1440
}
-------END cyrus.conf-------