sasl 2.1.9 + LDAPS problem

Felix Cuello felix at qodiga.com
Tue Oct 15 17:15:50 EDT 2002

Hello,

   Well... sasl 2.1.9 doesn't solved my problem...then... I have a
configuration problem.

   I'm actually are running Cyrus 2.1.9, sasl 2.1.9 and openldap
2.0.23-4,,, all this in a red h 7.3...

   In my /usr/local/etc/saslauthd.conf, I have this lines:

# doesn't work with ldap_servers: ldap://localhost
# doesn't work with ldap_servers: ldaps://hostnamedomain:636
ldap_servers: ldap://hostname.domain/
ldap_bind_dn: uid=cyrus,ou=people,dc=xxxxxxx,dc=xxx
ldap_bind_pw: xxxxxxxxxxx
ldap_search_base: ou=people,dc=xxxxxxxx,dc=xxx
ldap_tls_check_peer: yes
ldap_tls_cacert_file: certificate.pem
ldap_tls_cacert_dir: /usr/share/ssl/certs/

I was tried some tests, like:

stunnel     ldap ---------------> ldaps

and that works fine... because saslauthd tries to connect a simple ldap
server and STUNNEL do the rest with LDAPS server...

But I don't want to use stunnel, because is a little bit unstable..

thanks a lot and sorry for my poor english :-)

Felix