sasl 2.1.9 + LDAPS problem

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Wed Oct 16 18:48:57 EDT 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Felix Cuello wrote:

> Here are the stdout of slapd. What do you think?

Hmmm, unfortunately this is not telling me much.  It indicates that a
connection came in, but it is not an ldaps session.  Did you run a
saslauthd/ldaps session?  You should see a lot more debug info including
TLS trace.

I just tested saslauthd/ldaps on sasl-2.1.9 and it works fine.  I used
openldap 2.1.6 (server and API) which should be more difficult to setup
because openldap 2.1 API verifies the server ceritifcate and 2.0 does not.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong. ;)

-Igor

> thanks for your time and patience!
>
> Felix
>
> ------------
>
> @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.0.23-Release (Thu Feb 21 12:43:53 EST 2002) $
>         root at daffy.perf.redhat.com:/usr/src/build/73902-i386/BUILD/openldap-2.0.23/build-krb5/servers/slapd
> daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
> daemon_init: listen on ldaps:///
> daemon_init: 2 listeners to open...
> ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap:///)
> daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by protocol)
> daemon: initialized ldap:///
> ldap_url_parse_ext(ldaps:///)
> daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by protocol)
> daemon: initialized ldaps:///
> daemon_init: 2 listeners opened
> slapd init: initiated server.
> slap_sasl_init: initialized!
> slapd startup: initiated.
> slapd starting
> ldap_pvt_gethostbyname_a: host=upsoluciones, r=0
> daemon: conn=0 fd=10 connection from IP=200.69.213.9:1478
> (IP=0.0.0.0:31746) accepted.

>  Felix Cuello <felix at qodiga.com>
>  Qodiga/its   <http://www.qodiga.com>
>
> /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign