sasl 2.1.9 + LDAPS problem

Kervin L. Pierre kervin at blueprint-tech.com
Sat Oct 19 13:39:34 EDT 2002

Did you say ldapsearch worked on the commandline?

'-d -1' if you want all the debug info.

You can also use the openssl commands s_server and s_client for
debugging ldaps.  That's probably more helpful then ethereal.  'man
s_server' and 'man s_client' for more info.

PS. For speed, if you have a busy mail server or you're paying for the
bandwidth ldap uses, how about running a replica on your mail server and
have saslauthd use '-H ldap://127.0.0.1/' or 'ldapi://' to connect to
it.  You can use ldaps for replication.  This should speed-up your
config considerably.

--Kervin