has imapd started?

Peter Löfkvist e97_pel at e.kth.se
Wed Oct 16 09:23:15 EDT 2002

I've been trying to install cyrus for a day now and I've reched the point
where issuing "/usr/cyrus/bin/master &" doesn't cause a bunch of error
messages in log/message. But my problem now is when testing the imap server by
"telnet localhost imap" or "imtest -p imap localhost" nothing happens, no
reply messages or anything. When issuing "ps -A" I can see master, but not
imapd. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong? Master is
supposed to start imapd, right? Help much appreciated.
/Peter