cyrus-deliver

Axel Heinrici heinrici76 at gmx.de
Wed Oct 16 16:54:36 EDT 2002

Hi

I want to use cyrus-imap in a small home environment. I almost put
fetchmail, procmail and cyrus together.
The only thing that is not working is deliver inside my procmail recipe.
I use the following (test-)recipe.

<===========start=========>
:0                             # reguläre private mails
* ^TO_axel
| /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -a predator -m predator.inbox
<=============end========>

But nothing is delivered and I only find entries like this in my
procmail-log:

<===========start=========>
>From predator  Wed Oct 16 19:49:45 2002
 Subject: Hermann
  Folder: /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -a predator -m predator.inbox
2530
couldn't connect to lmtpd: Invalid argument
>From predator  Wed Oct 16 19:49:46 2002
 Subject: Diesen Fitnessball wollen alle haben
DHQIQMORC
  Folder: /dev/null
2149
couldn't connect to lmtpd: Invalid argument
procmail: Error while writing to "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver"
<=============end========>

Here are some additional information and configuration parts I assume
important here.

from running cyradm (copy and paste):
localhost> lam predator.inbox
anyone lrs
predator lrswipcd

out of cyrus.conf:
SERVICES {
  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
}

The file lmtp:
linux:/home/predator # ls -l /var/imap/socket/lmtp
srwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            0 Okt 16 19:10
/var/imap/socket/lmtp

I read several howtos and some other documentation. I am really stuck at
this point.
Any help is appreciated. I really did not find precise information about
"deliver". The man page for "deliver" was not really helpful.

greetings
        Axel