Distributed File Systems

Simon Loader simon at surf.org.uk
Sun Oct 20 19:02:47 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 22:33, David Lang wrote:
> another option to consider.
>
> I have heard of people hacking cyrus to store it's data in a SQL database
> instead of a raw filesystem. if you do this you can then invoke the full
> set of SQL replication capabilities (including better transaction
> support then you can get in a filesystem).

This is roughly how a product I worked on once (www.herculeez.com)
worked although not using based on cyrus. It had custom built
smtp/pop/imap. I thought at the time in many ways it would be
trivial to convert cyrus into working in the same manor.

(I have drawings in my head but nothing working yet).

--
Simon Loader