Distributed File Systems

Bernard Frit bernard.frit at temperance.com
Mon Oct 21 10:30:24 EDT 2002

Hi,

At 12:16 21/10/02, Paul Dekkers wrote:
> > After 10 month of experience, I wouldn't recommend using
> > scsi links to do the job but something like drdb to mirror
> > the volumes via a gigabit ethernet cross link.
>
>Since drdb is only available for Linux I guess the others are limited to
>CODA? (Or a simple rsync solution, since CODA maybe isn't stable enough
>for production use according to CODA's website?)

Depending on your server load, it could be reasonnable to set up
your cluster to rsync every 5 or 10 min via a dedicated ethernet
link (cross cable). Heartbeat would manage ip takeover.

>(Of course the best option would be support in cyrus imapd itself...
>(And maybe the NNTP extention is there in the future to support this?))

Something like ldap replication would be great. It could be done
by configuring the smtp server to duplicate incoming and outgoing
mail to another cyrus/imap server ?

--
Bernard