problems cyrus after update

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Sat Oct 19 23:42:53 EDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, johan wrote:
> I tried to follow the instruction in the pointed page, but I don't seem
> to find a way out it. Especially the part :
>
>    cd /
>    /usr/sbin/cvt_cyrusdb <fullpath to database> db3 \
>                          /var/lib/cyrus/temp.db flat
>    rm -f <fullpath to database>
>    /usr/sbin/cvt_cyrusdb /var/lib/cyrus/temp.db flat \
>                          <fullpath to database> skiplist
>    rm -f /var/lib/cyrus/temp.db
>

> Anybody know this path (fullpath to database) ??

It is right there in the docs.  Read them again. By fullpath to database I
mean the name of the database file, with all the path since /.

e.g. mailboxes database:
/var/lib/cyrus/mailboxes.db

The two-step conversion is paranoia against the filenames being encoded
inside the database or logfiles (db3 does this, for example).

  Henrique Holschuh