deliver problem

Alexander Seitz Alexander.Seitz at fh-hagenberg.at
Mon Oct 21 10:58:37 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have the following problem (Í am not absolutely sure if it is indeed cyrus
related, but maybe someon can giveme a hint.)
I have the following setup:
Postfix (Postfix-20010228-pl04) as MTA
procmail  as MDA
Cyrus IMAP4 v2.0.16

procmail is called form postfix:
procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
    flags=R user=cyrus argv=/usr/bin/procmail  -m USER=${user}
SENDER=${sender} EXT=${extension} /etc/procmailrc

the cyrus deliver program is called by procmail

:0 w
|/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/deliver -a $USER -m user.$USER

everything works fine exept:

if the user does not exist I get the following error message:
<user01 at mydomain.at>: can't create user output file
I don't get something like "user unknown".
The same if one of the users is over mailbox quota, I get the same error
message instead of "user over quota"
Also the mail for useres wich mailboxes over quota is bounced not kept in
queue.

I had the same setup with older cyrus version (1.26) everythink worked like
expected.

any help would be apreciated.

regards