Upgrade from 1.5.19 to 2.1.9

Gardiner Leverett gdl at merit.edu
Mon Oct 21 11:52:52 EDT 2002

After getting the auth to work with sasl and ldap, now I'm on
the (hopefully!) final phase of my conversion.

We have mail in 1.5.19 on one machine, and want to
move it to a new machine with 2.1.9.  I've done the "dohash",
and found other instructions from the mailing list using
ctl_mboxlist and ctl_cyrusdb, but it still doesn't seem like
this is all working.

Here are the steps I followed:

1) Copied the mailboxes flat file, and the user and quota
directories from the old server to the new server.

2) Copied the mail into the appropriate directory
on the new machine.

3) Ran the "dohash" in the config directory
(I had to make a mod in the script because reading the
config, it wouldn't find the configdirectory.)

4) Ran the ctl_mboxlist -u < mailboxes and
ctl_cyrusdb -c

5) When I log back into cyradm and list the mailboxes,
I get no list  of the mailboxes.

Am I missing something?

Gardiner Leverett				gdl at merit.edu
Merit Network, Inc.				Phone: 734-647-9888
4251 Plymouth Rd., Suite 2000		Ann Arbor, MI  48105-2785
				http://www.merit.edu