When users delete mail, I want it to be moved to Trash.

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Mon Oct 21 12:15:43 EDT 2002

Hi all.

This is what I want: when a user presses the delete button in his
client, I want the IMAP server (Cyrus 2.1.9) to move it to Trash.  The
users will not have the deleteright on the Trash folder so they can
never actually delete any mail.

Can I achieve this with Cyrus?  My users must not be able to delete
mail, but I still want them to be able to use the delete button in their
clients to actually move the mail to the Trash folder.

Also, is there any way I can plug into Cyrus on certain commands?  For
example, if I cannot do what I want above with a config option or
something similar, can I have Cyrus call something external on certain
conditions (say, on every EXPUNGE)?

Thanks,

Erik.