When users delete mail, I want it to be moved to Trash.

Eric Minto eric at studiesabroad.com
Wed Oct 23 10:00:37 EDT 2002

I totally agree.  In fact, we're in the process of banning Outlook from
all employee computers.  Instead, we're using IMAP (which Outlook
doesn't work well with), with Imp as our web-based mail interface.  Imp
has a patch that allows it to display messages in an Outlook-style
format, with a folders pane and a message preview pane.  It needs a
little tweaking, but for the most part it works like a champ.  We also
use Kronolith to replace Outlook calendar functions, and LDAP to replace
the contact list.  Plus, language modules allow us to present the web
mail in several different languages - unlike Outlook which requires you
to purchase special versions or the incredibly expensive multi-language
pack.

Some users also use Netscape mail, and my favorite, Mozilla mail, both
of which work very well with IMAP (we're using Cyrus, procmail, and
sendmail server-side).

--
Eric Minto
International Studies Abroad