When users delete mail, I want it to be moved to Trash.

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Tue Oct 22 04:32:55 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 23:08, Erik Enge wrote:
> > Remove the appropriate flags from the appropriate mailboxes.
>
> I understand that I can do this, but it will only work by side-effect.
> Ie. it will only work because most of the clients move the mail to the
> Trash folder when you hit delete.  Some don't, however, and I would like
> not to loose sleep over them.  (Figuratively speaking, of course.)

What about introducing an ACL flag that would control the ability to
expunge? ("e")

Many email clients have a "hide deleted messages" option. Thus, deleted
messages would disappear from view, but you would be able to bring them
back easily. Not being able to expunge would ensure that they are never
removed from disk.

Cheers,
Fabian