When users delete mail, I want it to be moved to Trash.

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Oct 22 09:54:31 EDT 2002

Fabian Fagerholm wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 23:08, Erik Enge wrote:
> > > Remove the appropriate flags from the appropriate mailboxes.
> >
> > I understand that I can do this, but it will only work by side-effect.
> > Ie. it will only work because most of the clients move the mail to the
> > Trash folder when you hit delete.  Some don't, however, and I would like
> > not to loose sleep over them.  (Figuratively speaking, of course.)
>
> What about introducing an ACL flag that would control the ability to
> expunge? ("e")

Its already being worked on:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-acl-06.txt

This document is still in the state of flux (and has been fiercely
debated), so I don't see any corresponding changes to Cyrus on the
horizon (but I could be wrong).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127