SASL doesn't build with ldap with FreeBSD

Gardiner Leverett gdl at merit.edu
Wed Oct 23 17:34:52 EDT 2002

paul dekkers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I built/installed OpenLDAP first - the test.c file I created myself
> could be compiled too, so the configure script should be able too.
>
> I assume otp, kerberos, digest and md5 do not stand in the way for the
> LDAP support to built correctly?

Not as far as I know.

> BTW, I built sasl on an Linux BOX to see what happends there, and it
> built immediately! Frustrating to see, as a FreeBSD fan!
>
> What was your configure command for sasl?

Here's what I modified in the Makefile (after commententing out the
Kerb stuff and the OTP):

CONFIGURE_ARGS= --sysconfdir=${PREFIX}/etc \
                --with-plugindir=${PREFIX}/lib/sasl2 \
                --with-dbpath=${PREFIX}/etc/sasldb2 \
                --includedir=${PREFIX}/include \
                --enable-static \
                --enable-login \
                --diable-otp \
                --disable-krb4 \
                --disable-gssapi \
                --disable-cram \
                --disable-digest \
                --with-saslauthd \
		--with-ldap=/usr/local \
                --enable-auth-sasldb \
                --with-rc4=openssl

> Did you install openLdap in anything else than the default /usr/local directories?

Nope. All in the standard locations.

--
Gardiner D. Leverett			gdl at merit.edu
Merit Network, Inc. 			Phone: 734-647-9888
4251 Plymouth Road, Suite 2000		Ann Arbor, MI  48105-2785
			http://www.merit.edu