How stable is 2.2?

Christopher Riordan cpr+cyrus at hal-9000.net
Fri Oct 25 15:16:11 EDT 2002

I'm having trouble compiling 2.2.  Following is the log.

Chris

cpr at hal:/usr/local/src/cyrus/cyrus-imapd {526} sh SMakefile
aclocal -I cmulocal
aclocal: not found
autoheader
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: `config.h.in' is created
autoconf
cpr at hal:/usr/local/src/cyrus/cyrus-imapd {527}
./configure --with-sasl=/usr/local --with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl --with-cy
rus-prefix=/usr/local --with-cyrus-user=cyrus --with-cyrus-group=cyrus --ena
ble-fulldirhash --with-auth=unix --with-openssl --with-dbdir=/usr/local/Berk
eleyDB.4.0
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf4.7
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf4.7
checking for makedepend... makedepend
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for AIX... no
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for long file names... yes
CMU_C___ATTRIBUTE__: not found
CMU_GUESS_RUNPATH_SWITCH: not found
./configure.lineno: 2996: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")